Flexi: changed opening hours as of January 2024
From January 2024, Flexi will have different opening hours. The new opening hours are: Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 14:00
Flexible • demand-oriented • by the hour
Flexible Childcare (Flexi) is a joint project of the University and the Studierendenwerk. The childcare offer is intended for those who would like to have their child cared for by pedagogical specialists on a need-based and hourly basis. A total of twelve places are available. Of these, nine places can be booked online, three emergency places can only be booked by telephone.
The Flexi building is located in a 30 km/h speed zone in the immediate vicinity of the university on the “Adolf-Reichwein” campus and is connected to the Kita building. The large outdoor area of the day care centre with its own natural forest plot is also used by the Flexi children.
You and us
…are looked after by educational specialists and are aged between 6 months and 10 years.
- the Flexi management,
- nursery school teachers,
- qualified child day care workers
The admission criteria
Children will be admitted according to the following priority list:
- children of student mothers and fathers
- children of employees of the University of Siegen
- children of employees of the Studierendenwerk Siegen (Student Union Siegen)
- children of professors
- children of third parties who do not belong to the above-mentioned group of persons.
The pedagogical goals
- the child’s development (independence and personality),
- the promotion of social behaviour in a group
- mutual respect, openness towards other cultures and religions.
In Flexi, the children are given the right balance between guided and free play.
In practice, this means:
- carrying out project work,
- forest days, celebrating festivals.
All activities are tailored to the different age structures of the individual children and can be changed or extended depending on the situation.
cooperation with parents
Flexi works with parents in an open and trusting manner. This is achieved through:
- an individually designed settling-in phase with the involvement of the parents,
- regular letters to parents and questionnaires to analyse their needs,
- celebrations with children and parents,
- a parents’ corner with information material.
The cost of care
The costs of the Flexi booking, which refer to one block/double hour (= 120 minutes) and per child, are as follows:
- for student mothers and fathers: € 3.00,
- for employees of the University of Siegen: 7,00 €,
- for employees of the Studierendenwerk Siegen: € 7.00,
- for professors: 10,00 €,
- for third parties (who do not belong to the above-mentioned group of persons): 10,00 €.Please note: Your online booking must be made at least 24 hours before the desired childcare time.
Please make an appointment for a first meeting personally.
Before the your child can be submitted into our care you have to complete and sign a care contract. With this you also agree to our terms of service which need to be signed as well. Please hand in the care contract and the terms of service personally at the Flexi.
Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any remaining questions. We (Phone: 0271 740‑4079) will gladly inform you concerning all details about Flexi.
You can use our online booking service if your child has been cared for in our Flexi before.
Please enter all necessary information after choosing the intended times.
You will receive a confirmation email after all details have been checked to the entered email address.