Flexible · demand-based · by the hour
The flexible care (Flexi) is a cooperation of University and Studierendenwerk. The Flexi as a care program is for those who need their children to be cared for demand-based and only for a few hours at the time by professional educators. We offer 12 places (9 can be booked online, 3 places are for emergencies and be booked only on the phone).
… is located in a 30-km/h-zone close to the woods in direct neighbourhood to Adolf-Reichwein campus of University Siegen. The building is surrounded by a large compound with our own untouched area of woods which is part of our day care facilities.
… are 6 months to 10 years of age. They are being care for by pedagogic professionals.
- the Flexi management
- qualified child carers
Children will be admitted in the following order:
1. Children of students
2. Children of employees of the university
3. Children of employees of the Studierendenwerk
4. Children of professors
5. Children of third-party parents.
The pedagogic goals
- Child development (independency and personality),
- Development of social behaviour in a group,
- Appreciation of other, openness towards other cultures and religions.
In the Flexi children have the option to play under instruction or freely.
Practically this means:
- Project work
- Forrest days, celebrating of feasts.
All activities are customized to the varying age-structures of the children and can be changed according to the circumstances.
Familiarization / working with the parents
The Flexi cooperates with the parents openly and trustfully. We accomplish this relationship by:
- An individually customized familiarization phase integrating the parents,
- Regular letters to the parents and questionnaires,
- Celebrations with the children and their parents
- Parent-corner with information material
Booking the flexi-care counts per block (120 minutes) and per child:
- For students: 3,00€
- For employees of the University: 7,00€
- For employees of the Studierendenwerk: 7,00€
- For professors: 10,00€
- For third-party parents: 10,00€
Please note: all online bookings from Monday to Friday must be made 24 hours in advance.
Exception: bookings for Saturdays must be made 48 hours in advance.
… are healthy and balanced and include among other meals a lunch appropriate for children. This means,
- A diverse, changing variety of food,
- A vegetarian meal on offer,
- A daily changing side of salad or vegetables
- Sides if possible in organic quality,
- Fish once a week
- We try to refrain from declarable additives and
- Use only little sugar and salt.
Food for small snacks can be brought along (i.e. fruit, bread). Please refrain for sweets.
… for a booked lunch:
1,60€ for children up to two years,
3,20€ for children aged 2 to 10 years old.
Please note: Lunch cannot be provided on Saturdays! Make sure to make a lunch package for your child.
Tel.: 0271 740-4079
Fax: 0271 740-2779
We are looking forward to meeting your child!